Thursday 17 December 2009

Avatar (My Greatest Cinema Experience EVER!!)

I've never seen a 3D movie before, so i decided to start with the most hyped film of the year (possibly of all time).

Big Mistake!!!!

I should have started with something a little older, 'Jaws 3D', maybe 'Nightmare on Elm St 4' (I think thats the 3D one).

By watching 'Avatar' first i have probably ruined the next 5 years worth of 3D movies i'm going to see because it was truly magnificent and nothing is going to live up to it for along time..

I'll start at the beginning....

Along time ago a guy named James Cameron had an idea about
Big Ass Smurf's popping out of cinema screens all over the world.

To do this he needed to wait along time for the world to accept the idea that 12ft Smurf's really existed on another planet (Pandora) and that Humans travelled there to steal expensive rocks and oppress them, luckily for him with all thats in the headlines on this planet it wasn't hard to accept that people do actually invaded other places and steal shit from them.

The big ass smurf's are actually called Na'vi, whilst watching the movie i likened them to native indians, they were at one with there surroundings, they used the jungle and accepted that it also used them.
The humans on the other hand were as humans normally are, greedy and ignorant to anything that they deem smaller or less significant than they are.

I don't want to tell you the plot so i'm going to stop here about it (or my interpretation of it i should say). What i really want to tell you about is the experience as a whole. the story was amazing but what James Cameron has done to the world of film making (or will do once everyone else has caught up) was even more amazing, in my eyes he has created a silent role for everyone who goes to see this film, I WAS THERE!!!!

I WANT MY NAME IN THE CREDITS!!!!! i got hit in the face by a gun, i got insect bites and i got burned by falling ash. i walked out of the cinema and my shoes were squelching because i'd been swimming in a Pandoran lake.
It felt like i was really there and i could touch everything.

That is what movies should and hopefully are going to be like in the future (the not too distant future i think).

When i read a book i immerse myself to the point i don't even hear the phone ringing or the smoke alarm going off when my GF burns toast. I stand next to the characters and listen to them speaking through the words i read.

James Cameron has created a watchable book!! I felt like i was the only person in the cinema!! It felt special!!

GO and see this movie... You will not be disappointed!!! if you are disappointed though i would advise you to stop reading my blog because we have nothing in common. (only kidding)

Enjoy it for the masterpiece that it is.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to get excited about seeing this, but for some reason the little footage I've seen leaves me severely underwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sceptical, the trailers don't tellthe whole story, which is a good thing really, i hate going to the cinema to see a movie and all the best bits were in the trailers.
    take the plunge and i'm sure you'll love it, IMAX in metrocentre is my next place to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shu thayu full gujarati movie link

    ReplyDelete